Articles of General Incorporated Association
The objectives of the Association are as follows:
- To increase awareness and promotion of Puffer Fish as food, the Association will provide Japanese and international fishers, processors, dealers, distributors, wholesalers, chefs, waitperson, restaurant owners, retailers, importers, consumers, and other stakeholders with educational programs of Puffer Fish.
- To establish Japanese and international preparation standard of Puffer Fish based on the industry recognized Japanese preparation skills.
- To award international FUGU (Puffer Fish) preparation certificate/license to Japanese and international chefs.
＜RESEARCH (About toxicities and distribution of safe Puffer Fish as food)＞
Identify and provide biological and toxicological analysis of Puffer Fish of the world.
- a. Identify toxin free Puffer Fish species.
- b. Identify toxic Puffer Fish species and specify toxin free edible portions.
- To ensure serving safety, provide Japanese and international chefs, waitperson, restaurant owners, retailers, and culinary school instructors with periodical lectures and training of Puffer Fish preparation. In addition, award international FUGU preparation certificate/license to those Japanese and international chefs and culinary school instructors who successfully attended those educational programs and passed examinations.
- Provide update scientific and medical researches on Puffer Fish toxicity in corporation with biological and medical institutions. Researches shall include development of antidote and a screening device to detect toxins from prepared Puffer Fish as food.
- Study and develop traceability system, which can be shared with Puffer Fish producers, processors, wholesalers, distributors, retailers, food services, and other stakeholders.
- Support and assist Puffer Fish producers by addressing sustainable fishery and aquaculture of Puffer Fish.
＜OUTREACH (Seminars on Puffer Fish as food)＞
- Exchange information with the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, the Japanese Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Japan Fisheries Association, Japan Seafood Export Promotion Association, and other pertinent organizations including research institutions, puffer fish industry organizations, foreign government agencies, food industry organizations, chef associations, culinary schools, retailer organizations, food service organizations, consumer organizations and other stakeholder organizations.
- Offer comprehensive information by hosting Puffer Fish food seminars in Japan and overseas.
＜PROGRESS REPORT (Seafood show, seminars, and other event participations)＞
Secretariat office will gather activity reports and disseminate progress reports by E-mail and home page.
BOARD MEMBERS, DIRECTORS AND SECRETARIAT
- President :
- Yukihiro Furukawa
- Director :
Tomomi Kimura (President, Kaneko Sangyo Co., Ltd.)
Tokunari Irie (President, Nagasaki Marinsystem kenkyujo Co., Ltd.)
- Technical Advisor :
- Yuji Nagashima（Niigata Agro-Food University Professor）
- Secretary General :
- Kazuo Ide (President, Exhibition Technologies, Inc.)
- Secretariat Office :
- Exhibition Technologies, Inc.
Phone： 03 - 5775 - 2855
FAX： 03 - 5775 - 2856
- Regional Representation
MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION AND RESIGNATION
Those individuals or organizations, which are sincerely interested in the objectives and activities of the association and willing to join the membership, should send applications in writing or by E-mail to the secretariat office. For the time being, rules pertaining to admission to or resignation from the association are not provided. Resignation from the association shall also be submitted to the secretariat office in writing or by E-mail.
REMOVAL OF ANTISOCIAL FORCES
Members shall not be associated with or related to any antisocial organizations or individuals, such as gangster organizations, their business entities, and crime syndicates, which are prescribed to the laws, and the rules and regulations against antisocial forces.
REMOVAL FROM THE ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP
The association has right to remove membership of those who violates the rules and regulations of this article, or are engaged with activities disgraceful to the association.
Membership fees will be collected as necessary after incorporation of the association. However, appropriate fees may be collected from participants in events, such as study sessions, with which costs may occur.